It is an antioxidant that protects body tissue from damage caused by substances called free radicals, which can harm cells, tissues, and organs. They are believed to play a role in certain conditions related to aging.
Courtesy of www.rodalesorganiclife.com
· 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
· 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
· 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
· 2 tsp finely chopped fresh tarragon or chervil
· 1/2 tsp freshly grated orange zest
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 1/4 tsp dry mustard
· 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
· 2 heads butterhead lettuce, separated into leaves (about 8 c)
· 2 med sweet onions, sliced (about 2 c)
· 2 pomelos, peeled and cut into sections (about 4 c)
· 1 med avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
· 1 C lump crabmeat (available at fish counter)
· 1 tbsp chopped toasted skinless hazelnuts
1. Prepare dressing: Whisk together orange juice, oil, vinegar, tarragon, orange zest, salt, mustard, and pepper in medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Assemble salad: Combine lettuce, onions, and pomelos in large bowl. Toss with dressing and mound onto 4 plates. Fan out a quarter of the avocado on top of each and top with crabmeat and hazelnuts.